Christ is the foundation of everything we do and the Gospels provide us with our influence and inspiration. At Archbishop Ilsley School we strive to respect and value the individual.
The Governing Body and Teaching staff will do their best to ensure that the necessary provision is made for any pupil who has Special Educational Needs.
We believe that:
- All pupils are entitled to a broad and balanced curriculum, which is relevant to their needs and sufficiently differentiated to enable all pupils to make progress at their own pace.
- All teachers share the responsibility for identification of assessment and provision appropriate to individual needs.
- That all individuals and their needs should be recognised.
- Every pupil can learn provided the educational opportunities offered are tailored to individual learning styles .
- The role of parents in their child’s learning is fundamental.
- There is equal access to a broad and balanced curriculum.
- Achievement for every pupil should be recognised.
- Our belief in the Gospel message commits us to be in the forefront of the movement for social and racial justice and harmony. We believe this is fundamental to the common good. We aim to prepare our young people to serve as witnesses to these moral and spiritual values in the wider world.
- We offer young people the experience of life in a community founded on Gospel values and working in harmony.
- To ensure all our students reach their full potential
- To provide a nurturing environment that encourages co operation and understanding while fostering ambition and enthusiasm for learning.