There are lots of activities happening all over Birmingham for young people this summer. Below are just some of them.
The local Community Safety Partnership for East Birmingham has funded some activities as part of partners’ work to reduce concerns of anti-social behaviour from local residents, and importantly to give young people opportunities. Usually theses are activities are for 13-19 unless mentioned.
- If young people live around the Gospel area of Acocks Green, there will be sports activities in Fox Hollies Park. These activities will take place every week day between 4.30pm – 7pm and are for young people aged 8-13.
- If young people live around Sparkbrook, there will be activities run by the Concord Centre, in and outside of the centre at a variety of times.. There will be weekly sessions for 11-13 year olds as well 13-19 year olds
- If young people live in Shard End, Lea Village, Tile Cross or around the Glebe, there will be a variety of activities happening across the ward including boxing, football and specific activities for girls.
- If young people live in Bordesley Green, there will be activities throughout the summer at The POD.
There are other activities in other areas which have been funded through other routes. All of these activities will be for those aged 11-19. Activities will be located at:
- Naseby Centre in Washwood Heath
- The Pump in Shard End
- FITCAP will also be delivering activities around Bromford and The Meadway
- The Vibe in South Yardley
If anyone is interested in any of the above opportunities, please feel free to get in touch with Amelia Murray on 0121 303 6604 for further information.